ONELORD - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* ONELORD > Topics

Subject: duet. 6:4, mark 12:29, john1:1
Replies: 9 Views: 743

acts238 2.09.09 - 12:24pm
what do these scriptures mean? please give your thoughts *

1vision2 13.12.09 - 08:37pm
The word of GOD, cannot be explain or understood with the human mind. Because they are spiritually given.for example deut6:4. Hear,o israel: the lord our GOD is one lord: the team to HEAR means to pay attention if you look again at the verse it says. The lord our GOD is one lord,in the orginal translation the word is is not included it was added by the translator of the king james bible for easy reading.so it will be. 'our GOD one lord' and lastly word GOD is translated from the hebrew word 'ELOHIM' while in english is JEHOVAH,somethin in othe verses of the bible is translated as MOST HIGH. Act7:48. Nw if you add everythin together, you will have something like this-hear (payattention) o israel:(only to the jews ppl) the lord(one who has supreme authority) our GOD(elohim) one lord: thanz. If you want me to explain john1:1. i will be glad to do so! *

acts238 14.12.09 - 03:41pm
ok but read my topic on oneness doctrine in the religion forum please tell me your views *

flaky05 15.12.09 - 08:45pm
Deut. 6:4 Listen, O Israel! The Lord is our God, the Lord alone.
Moses cautions the people who were about to enter a land filled with people who believed in many gods. He reminds them that the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob is the God of the whole earth, the only true God.
The word our God also remind that they have been chosen by God. Sad to say that both then and today, there are people who prefer to place their trust in many different values, belief systems, and gods. There is only one true God.

flaky05 15.12.09 - 08:52pm
Mark 12:29 Jesus replied, The most important commandment is this: 'Listen, O Israel! The Lord our God is the one and only Lord.'
By Jesus' time, the Jews had hundreds of laws. Jesus bring them back to the very first commandment of the Father. Exodus 20:3 You must not have any other god but Me.
There is only one true God and He (God) has chosen us to be His people. *

flaky05 15.12.09 - 09:05pm
My own thoughts on these Scriptures:
Do I believe, really believe in only one, true God?
While I do not carve wooden idols etc...like they did in the past, I can ask myself, where do I place my trust, and to whom do I go when I am in difficults situations?
I am the Lord your God, you shall have no other gods besides me.
- Do I worship God in spirit and truth and give God the praise due to him?
- Do I make a god out of my work, my possions, or my image in the eyes of others so that these rule my life instead of God?
- Have I tried to grow in the knowledge of God through daily prayer and scripture reading?
- Have I ever dabbled in the occult or given credence to horoscopes, ouija boards, channelling, tarot cards, or fortune telling?
- Have I taken time to teach my family about the ways of God and to pray with them?
Do I really believe in only one true God???

flaky05 15.12.09 - 09:18pm
John 1:1 This is beautiful to me!
In the beginning the Word (Jesus) already existed. The Word (Jesus) was with God, and the Word (Jesus) was God.
God became a human! Jesus is fully human and fully God. everything He taught and did are tied inseparably to who He is. Jesus took upon himself full humanity and lived as a man, yet never ceased to be eternal God who has always existed, the Creator and Sustainer of all things, and the source of eternal life. This is the truth about Jesus, and the foundation of all truth.
God is oneness, there is only one true God. This oneness, unity of God goes further. We are part of this unity. See John 17. We are one, united to our God through the Holy Spirit, our Baptism.

flaky05 15.12.09 - 09:21pm
These were my thoughts, my own understanding of these Scriptures. I am young in spirituality and on the border lline of illeteracy, therefore I welcome corrections and sharings. Blessings *

acts238 17.12.09 - 03:15pm
flaky its a learning process for all of us. but withe HIS word there is wisdom if we dilegently seek *

acts238 31.12.09 - 11:38pm
i am a JESUS name pentecostal a lot of the posts in religion forum and my groups tells my faith @vision please do explain john 1 1 to me it along with john 1 14 means JEHOVAH wrapped HIMSELF in flesh as JESUS CHRIST the SON 100 percent GOD 100 percent man *

* ONELORD Forum

Search:
topics replies

* ONELORD

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search